December is Chaplaincy Month at BUC
Traditionally, the second Sunday in Advent is White Gift Sunday at BUC. Our approach to White Gift Sunday was different this year. Since we did not collect gifts for our chaplaincy partners, this year we are honouring the chaplaincies throughout the Advent season. Although we will miss the chaplaincy representatives who are unable to join us this year, we will be visiting with the Ottawa West End Community Chaplaincy, Carlington Community Chaplaincy, and Centre 507, through three short videos. One video will be highlighted in our service on December 6, 13 and 20 as we learn about the special support the chaplaincies give to their communities.
How to Support our Chaplaincy Partners
In these stressful times, and in the absence of our White Gifts, our financial support is crucial to the work of our three community chaplaincy partners. Their support, friendship, and messages of hope and love are more important than ever to the residents of their communities, many of whom are struggling with challenges such as poverty, precarious employment, health issues and isolation.
During this time of Advent waiting, may we listen to God’s call to love and support our neighbours who are vulnerable. Please be generous.
Christmas Outreach offerings to support our three chaplaincy partners may be made throughout the month of December.
- Cheques should be written to “Barrhaven United Church” with a note indicating “Chaplaincies”.
- All other donation options should indicate “Outreach – Chaplaincies”.
- Regular envelope donors should use the yellow numbered envelope in their boxes.
- Any other envelope should be clearly marked with the name and address (or envelope/PAR number) of the donor, designation of “Chaplaincies”, and the amount.
- If you are attending a worship service in person, please bring your offering envelope (clearly marked as indicated above) and place it in the offering location that is identified.